Uninstalling DeepArmor is an easy, straightforward process.
Simply head to the Start Menu/Apps menu on Windows 10, and click the Settings Gear as shown below:
Select the System icon on the screen, then Apps & Features on the right menu. Find DeepArmor in this list, and select it to show the uninstall options.
Alternatively, you can uninstall using the “Programs and Features” menu in the Windows Control Panel or by going to the Start Menu -> DeepArmor -> Uninstall.
On the rare occasion that DeepArmor will not fully uninstall, we recommend using the Microsoft Uninstall tool located here:
Run the downloaded file, select the "uninstall" option, and then select DeepArmor from the list. Completing the rest of the program should fully remove DeepArmor and it's services.
IF you intend to reinstall DeepArmor you will have to remove the SparkCognition folder located at C:\ProgramData\SparkCognition.
The following steps can be completed if you need to manually uninstall DeepArmor.
- Reboot the system into Safemode. For how to do this on your specific OS, see the following: https://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/
- Once in safemode, type in the search bar (lower right hand corner, Start, Cortana, ETC) services. This should bring up the option to click on the Windows Services administration page.
- You can also get there by going to Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Services.
- Go down the list and find "DeepArmor Watchdog Service". Right click on this and go to Properties.
- On the next window select "Disabled" under the Startup Type. Then click "Stop" under Service Status to stop the service itself.
- On the main Services window, find the "DeepArmor" service. Do the same steps as above, disabling the startup and service.
- When this is complete, reboot the system and attempt the regular uninstall steps found above.